Just a quick reminder: Reverse Fortunes is providing RMD readers with a FREE training session coming up on Thursday, May 31, noon to 1:00 PM EST (9:00 AM PST). Mark your calendar!
The session, featuring input from National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association legal counsel Jim Milano, addresses the topic of ethical product placement. There used to be only one reverse mortgage product choice: adjustable rate. Today, there are fixed, adjustable, standard and Saver with different margins. Regulators are paying attention, too. Originators are now in the position of educating borrowers on the different product types and offering the products that best fit their needs.
Depending on your state, you may have a fiduciary responsibility, in addition to an ethical one.
Reverse Fortunes will also cover:
- What is “steering”
- When a comparison sheet isn’t enough
- Practical measures in protecting your business
- Goals first, product education second
- A decision tree? Plant one in their minds
- Why so many fixed rates?
- The CFPB and what is to come with HECM products
- Product pricing today and tomorrow
Space is limited, so sign up now!
Date: Thursday, May 31, noon to 1:00 PM EST (9:00 AM PST). Mark your calendar!