Below is a list of the top HECM lenders through February 2009. Be sure to check out the link below which goes into more detail.
- Endorsement volume of 9,086 units brings the YTD total to 18,944, down 9% from the year prior period.
- 1,623 lenders endorsed a loan thus far this year, up from 1,368 lenders in the first two months of 2008.
- The number of new lenders entering the market continues the downward trend from the peak in early 2008.
- Top 10 lender share stayed consistent at just under 42%.
- Half of the top 10 lenders have experienced volume declines over the prior year, including Wells Fargo (-14.7%) and Financial Freedom (-22.7%).
- Conversely, the 5 gainers have all increased their volume at a > 25% rate.
“Market statistics and report sample provided by Reverse Market Insight, the leading source of market intelligence in the reverse mortgage industry. For more information about RMI and to purchase the full MIC report with additional key performance indicators and market statistics, please visit our website at www.rminsight.net“