Below you will find the top HECM lenders in 2008. Also be sure to check out the sample report which breaks down the top lenders even more at the bottom.
- Overall industry volume got off to a good start, as endorsements jumped to 9,957 units in January 2008, up 24% over December 2007.
- Top 10 volume increased at a slightly higher rate, up over 26% to 4,108 endorsements vs December (but down from 4,428 in January 07)
- The Top 10 lenders made up 41.3% of volume for January, vs. 50.2% in the same period last year.
- The top market, based on HUD regions, is the Southeast/Caribbean region, solidly displacing the Pacific/Hawaii region. This has been going on since Q4 of last year, but looks much more pronounced now that we are looking at a single month in 2008. We’d also like to point out that the Southeast/Caribbean region also saw the largest growth rate in active lenders, up 116% over a year ago.
- New lenders continue to enter the market. The number of lenders doing business in January was 1,001, a 53% increase over the same period last year.
“Market statistics and report sample provided by Reverse Market Insight, the leading source of market intelligence in the reverse mortgage industry. For more information about RMI and to purchase the full MIC report with additional key performance indicators and market statistics, please visit our website at www.rminsight.net“
Dont forget to sign up for our next Free training event with Stephen Kinney scheduled for Wednesday, February 6th at 12:00PM (EST)