Reverse Mortgage Daily continues to present me with great opportunities and it seems to only get better as time goes by. In March I will be speaking at the European Financial Management & Marketing Association’s Mortgage Finance conference in Istanbul, Turkey about reverse mortgages. It’s a two day conference that will explore various issues facing mortgage lenders, including:
- The impact of the economic crisis – The effect on the volume of business taking place; the impact on how banks sell/underwrite mortgages; and risk management and funding issues.
- The profitability of mortgage activities – The need to increase profitability is a more topical item than ever. Banks must increase revenues whilst reducing costs through higher productivity and operational excellence. Ideas include even longer loans, and cross-selling to gain benefits from other products.
- Selling and servicing mortgages via the Internet – The event will look at examples of best practices. Does the current crisis (and the associated loss of confidence in banking) have an impact on the use of the Internet for selling mortgages?
Here is what I’m covering on reverse mortgages.
Reverse Mortgages: an emerging market creating growth opportunities for banks
- Overview of the reverse mortgage industry in the US.
- Illustrations of banks utilizing effective strategies for growth in the reverse mortgage industry.
- The availability of reverse mortgages internationally.
- Communication / Marketing / Education Strategies.
For more information about the conference check out the link below.
Any RMD readers in Istanbul? =)