The reverse mortgage industry has been through more changes than anyone could’ve predicted over the last 12 months and 2010 will bring more of the same.
As the year comes to a close, take a look at the top 10 reverse mortgage news stories of 2009 (based on page views):
- Senior Lending Network Halts Applications, Looks For Buyer or Additional Capital
- HUD Lowers Principal Limit Factors for FHA Reverse Mortgage Program
- House Passes Stimulus Bill, Reverse Mortgage Provision Included
- Reverse Mortgage Loan Limit Increase Included In New Stimulus Plan
- Reverse Mortgage Secondary Market Shifts from Fannie Mae to Ginnie
- Fannie Mae Pricing Change Brings Higher Margins For Reverse Mortgages
- New IndyMac Owners Bring Layoffs To Financial Freedom
- Fannie Mae and T&I Defaults, Significant Issues Facing Reverse Mortgage Industry
- Consumer Reports Puts Reverse Mortgages On Its List of Financial Scams, Why?
- HUD Considering New Reverse Mortgage Product