Below is a list of the top HECM lenders through July 2009. Be sure to check out the commentary and link below which goes into more detail.
- Volume rebounded a bit from the prior two months, coming in at 9,830 units, up from 8,633 in June and 8,396 in May.
- YTD volume is now virtually dead even with 2008 levels, at 68,724 units.
- Of the top 10 lenders, 7 have increased volume over 2008 levels, led by One Reverse Mortgage and Money House Inc, each growing at a 500% + clip.
- On the competitive front, there have been 2,603 active lenders thus far in 2009, an 11.5% increase over 2008.
- Our Endorsements per Lender metric ticked up a bit for the month.
- Despite the overall disconnect seen in endorsement volume growth and active lender growth, we are seeing some areas where the two are more closely aligned, a stark contrast to last year, and even most of 2009: Pacific/Hawaii (-6.6% Endorsement, -6.5% Lender), Southwest (12.9% Endorsement, 14.2% Lender), New York/New Jersey (28.1% Endorsement, 18.9% Endorsement) and Northwest/Alaska (10.5% Endorsement, 11.1% Lender).
“Market statistics and report sample provided by Reverse Market Insight, the leading source of market intelligence in the reverse mortgage industry. For more information about RMI and to purchase the full MIC report with additional key performance indicators and market statistics, please visit our website at www.rminsight.net“