The Mortgage Bankers Association recently announced that its Annual Reverse Mortgage Lending Conference will be held in San Diego, CA. The conference is scheduled for September 9-11 and will be at the Westin Gaslamp Quarter.
The sessions haven’t been announced yet but according to the MBA’s website attendees will be able to gather important information regarding reverse mortgage lending which includes:
- Reverse mortgage counseling options for consumers
- Improvements to the reverse mortgage product by HUD, private label and Ginnie Mae
- New variations of reverse mortgages designed to fill gaps in the market
- Marketing and consumer outreach
- Updates that affect reverse mortgage originations, underwriting, servicing, closing, compliance and back-room operations
- Industry trends and public policy updates, both federal and state
- Recourse on failing to pay taxes and insurance
- Cross-selling mortgage products
RMD will be there, see you in San Diego.