This years National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Conference was a huge success and to follow up on it, NRMLA has announced two regional conferences. This years conference title is “Business Management, Compliance, HUD Audit Issues & Marketing for Reverse Mortgage Lenders”. Both conferences will be focusing on new products, new trends and HUD’s increased oversight of the HECM program. At the conferences there will also be a special focus on compliance, risk management, best practices and fraud prevention. Below are the locations for each conference as well as more details.
Western Regional Meeting (February 4-5)
- The Westin Tabor Center
Eastern Regional Meeting (April 7-8)
- Hyatt Regency at Penn’s Landing
The registration fee for each conference will be $395 for members and $520 for non-members thru January 4th. After that date, the price increases by $100. Here are some of the other topics to look forward to:
- Town Hall Meeting with HUD’s Denver Homeownership Center
- Lender Approval Requirements for FHA and Other Reverse Mortgage
- Generating “Leads” the Right Way: Acceptable, Practices in Direct Mail
- Here They Come: Cooperating with HUD Monitors for Effective Results
- State Laws and Licensing Requirements Governing Reverse Mortgage Originations
- Fraud Prevention for Reverse Mortgage Operations.